We help you discover Greek and Cypriot food and products in Belgium. We also create platforms for cultural and business exchanges between these countries. Here’s how:
- List of points of sale of Greek and Cypriot products in Belgium. Compiled by our dedicated volunteers and enriched with tips from you!
- Public Events: we participate in events such as the European Day “ Fete du Pain” at the centre of Brussels in the Schuman roundabout where we have a booth with products from all over Greece, we organised a unique fashion show featuring Greek and Belgian designers, we support the “12 HOURS FOR GREECE” annual event, and we initiated the Greek Gastronomy week in the European Commission, to mention but a few
- business-to-business: introducing traders from Greece to the Belgian market in collaboration with the Greek Embassy, the Hellenic Office of Tourism, regional associations and our network of importers of Greek products in Belgium
- Cooking classes: showcasing traditional and innovative cooking techniques like “fyllo” pastry workshop and demonstrating how to prepare old classics with a modern twist.
- Basket of Greek products: preparing baskets of delicacies from all over Greece for your corporate events, school fairs and other occasions.
Here’s a taste of some of the events that we have been involved in either as organisers or as partners.
Greek Kafeneio (Café) products: we co-organised with the European Parliament an event celebrating the history of the Greek café through the lens of photographer George Pittas and brought to life with a display and tasting of traditional products typical of the café culture. Press
- Europe Day at Schuman and the Fête du Pain: This is the landmark event where A Discovering Network represents Greece and promotes a variety of products and regions in a celebration that brings together different countries in an event focused on "bread". In 2015, a baker from Northern Greece prepared and baked traditional bread at our booth while in 2014 we had a demonstration on how to make fyllo pastry.
- Fashion show with Greek and Belgian designers: We organised the first ever fashion show featuring Greek designers in Belgium and combined it with a pop-up-shop featuring contemporary Greek design and products. Press
- Greek week at the European Commission cantine: For two years (2014-2015) we organised a week of Greek food and gastronomy guided by Greek Chef Prineas and sourced with top quality Greek products. Supported by the Embassy of Greece in Brussels, the Greek Tourism Office (EOT) this event was also under the auspices of the Greek Presidency to the EU in 2014.
- 12 HOURS FOR GREECE : We have supported this event each year and have provided a corner with Greek products and information on where to find them in Belgium.
- Greek products in Antwerp: More than 500 visitors came to taste and shop for Greek products such as award winning olive oils. Our event included cooking classes featuring the classic Greek spinach pie.
We help producers from Greece contact traders in Belgium and learn about the market. We are a regular partner of the Greek Embassy of Greece and Greek Tourism office in the fairs or exhibitions that they organise or participate in.
We collaborate with other initiatives to showcase Greek products at events (e.g. Eurocontrol, Ellada Pantou, Argo network asbl, philathropic event for supporting the Hellenic Metropolitan Hospital in Athens, Ikarian days, International Fair of the International School of Brussels)
- Activities in schools
«Discover Greece, Greek tastes and Greek Products in Belgium” is a project that ran under the auspices of the Greek Embassy in Belgium and the Greek Presidency to the EU in 2014 to introduce students to the value of the Mediterranean diet with the help of nutritionists, botanists and culinary experts.
School kits are available for use for any schools that would like to run this type of project.
For more information CONTACT US